Stay-at-home orders have been difficult for so many of us, but chances are our pets have appreciated the extra time and attention! If you have been hanging out with your four-legged bestie, you may wonder what else you can do to inspire exercise and encourage mental enrichment.
That is why we have compiled a list of the most popular pet toys this year, so you can get your pet motivated (with these playful gifts this holiday season). Let’s go!
10 Popular Pet Toys for Your Favorite Cat or Dog
From fetch games to food dispensing puzzles, there is no end to the number of pet toys on the market. Not every toy makes the grade, however. Get to know your pet’s preferences in how they like to play and interact before you get your shopping list together.
- The Classic Kong Toy – Let’s face it, dogs are highly motivated by food, so this tasty fillable chew ranks top of the list every time. You can fill the insides with a Kong fillable treat that is flavored to taste like chicken or peanut butter. You can also save some money and fill it with peanut butter that doesn’t contain Xylitol in the list of ingredients (a toxic substance). This classic can also be frozen to make getting the goodies out more challenging.
- Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel – This plush toy is shaped like a tree stump, with open pockets that contain squeaky squirrels. What self-respecting dog doesn’t love to go after squirrels, and this toy can occupy your dogs attention for hours! This game allows them to expend pent up energy while figuring out how to “hunt” the squirrels out.
- Frisco’s Butterfly Cat Toy – This cool toy is called the “amusement park for kitties”, and we can see why. Each of the tracks contain a rollable ball that your cat will love. A butterfly attached to a bendable wire adds to the playtime and enjoyment.
- Benebone Bacon Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy – If your dog is a major chewer, this deliciously flavored dental chew is a great option. It’s been wildly popular for dogs who need something to do to avoid getting bored.
- ChuckIt! Ultra Ball – Fetch is a high energy game, and The ChuckIt! Ball and plastic launcher take it to a new level. The added benefit is that it is interactive, which gives you a chance to play and bond with your bestie.
- SmartyKat Catnip Toys – These mice are enticing on their own for a curious kitty, but fill them with catnip and watch out! Catnip is one of the best possible distractions for your cat companion, which is why the catnip mouse remains a perennial favorite.
- Pet Zone IQ Ball – For the canine Einstein, this challenging ball is a perfect choice. Your dog will enjoy figuring out the correct way to dispense the hidden treats, which is not only a great way to pass the time but provides the important mental stimulation all pets need.
- Hedgehog Squeaky Toy – The best part of this toy is that it is stuffing-free, so no more wads of fluff strewn across the house. The squeaker, which is actually a durable ball, is hidden within the durable fabric, so your dog is less likely to destroy it right away.
- Hexbug Robotic Mouse – This will be the next best thing to chasing a live mouse when it comes to your meow friend. This toy mimics the movements of a mouse by quickly moving, pausing, stopping, and then moving again. Your cat will go bananas trying to hunt this cool robot.
- Cat Dancer – This long-standing favorite is inexpensive and offers a lot of bang for the buck. This toy will have your cat leaping, stretching, and pouncing in no time.
Are any of these top toys in your home? What are some other favorite toys your pet enjoys? We would love to know. Just mention it at your furry one’s next checkup, or comment on our Facebook. If you would like any other suggestions on popular pet toys, or to schedule an appointment, please call us!